My Bag of Squid

.. to kick down the beach. So stand back.

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Drunk Sailor with a Bag of Money ...

...Still could not buy this product from HP.

I've just spent two hours navigating the organically-grown compost that passes for the HP.com website.  Have you been there?  Really?  I don't know for whom it was designed, but I promise you I should know how to find this thing.  No luck.

I've been on the site a few times, now, and every time it was a dismal, abject failure and waste of time.  I can't find a single thing on there, on a site which could be optimized for the customer and built perhaps with the goal of getting you the information you want quickly so you can just open your wallet and spend.  I actually texted my boss, tonight, as he was also looking for the same thing on the same site, and wrote "we need to go whitebox.  These guys look like BOZOs with a site like this."

Do this.  Pretend you have a big bag of money. Your job is to buy something specific from HP, and this time let's say it's an ILO2 Advanced License.  It's required if you wanted to use the iLO interface to reinstall your server remotely (incidentally, the totally free product that does the same thing on everything else is called IPMI).  It's going to cost you $400 for something that costs them a dime in after-development materials.  Do you think you can buy iLO2 in under an hour with absolute concentration and a big bag of money that they really want you to give them?  Don't be so cocky:  I went around and around for two hours.  We both gave up.

Your turn.  GO!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home