My Bag of Squid

.. to kick down the beach. So stand back.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Community Builder - and Your Mission

Various trails through the intartoobs led me to Joomlapolis - The home of Community Builder - Community Builder, and therein lies your impossible mission:

Discover just what Community Builder is.

It's impossible. Just like half the Open Sauce projects out there - which I'm not sure this one is, actually - one can find out excruciatingly small details about the latest miniscule update to the project, but not actually find out just what the project does.

The astute will soon deduce it's an add-on package for the Joomla Content Management system, running under PHP. But can we narrow it down at all?

If I can't find out just what the hell a given project does, then how the hell am I going to decide - or conclude - that I need that project? I don't even know what it's for, and I need something specific - thus the searching - and it just may what this piece of paperless crap was designed specifically to do. Maybe it's the very best solution for my needs.

Couldn't tell you.

In case I haven't belabored the point enough, if you've got a free-type project, and you want people to occasionally use it, can you please, somewhere near the common entry point for your pretty project, let us know what your project does? Okay, thanks.

Now to continue my search, unabated, for a very particular Joomla add-on. Sorry to point out the small squirrel I made into roadkill on my jaunt down the Information Superskyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home