My Bag of Squid

.. to kick down the beach. So stand back.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

When you stop writing, I stop reading

A review for Gears of War was the latest to fall under the common 'equal work' rule of Internet 'writing.' As soon as the author stops writing the article, I have to stop reading; any other action takes time away from articles which are written completely, and I don't have time to waste on both types.

By 'writing', I include at least a few minutes proofing the article before sending it off; then a good look over it after it's finally rendered within the final page, just to ensure everything is as it should be. When actual errors are found, they should be fixed; correcting 'their' to 'there' is not the same as reversing a stance on abortion.

This author forgot how to write English, part of the way through the article. That's where I stopped reading. Before that, though, it was a great article. However, I only read a few languages, and Slack-Jawed Yokel is a dialect of English I refuse to learn. Again, it's all about reserving my brain cells for learning something, more than just coddling the unlearned masses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home