My Bag of Squid

.. to kick down the beach. So stand back.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On the 10th day of Festivus, TV gave to me - TV Squad

David Cross on Fox Marketing:
4. 'I got an idea for what you can do. You can f---ing fire your complete marketing team, alright? Get a new one in that knows how to market a show that won five mother-f---ing Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG awards, WAGA awards, DGA awards, Producers Guild awards, critics' top ten lists. If you can't market that kind of show and get better ratings, then maybe the problem doesn't lie here. Maybe it lies with marketing. Goodnight.' David Cross, ranting about FOX's lack of faith in his critcally-acclaimed show, during a short segment on the Arrested Development, Season 2 DVD.

Heh heh. Brings the fate of Firefly to mind, doesn't it? I mean, Firefly was an emmy-winning, well-written show with flawed but likable characters and real acting. And Fox couldn't apparently do enough to kill it, including pre-empting it with re-run made-for-TV movies.

I just wish I'd said that, that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home